Obituary: Jeffrey Carter Hazel
January 5, 2016
Jeffrey C. Hazel passed away at home in Truckee, CA on December 25, 2015.
Jeff mentored Erik Robles of Kings Beach, CA for 15 years, since Erik was 7 years old. Erik was like a son to Jeff and may have known Jeff better than anyone in recent years.
Jeff is survived by his sister Susan Hazel Tyler and her husband Max of Lakewood, Colorado; his brother Chip W. Hazel and his wife Gayle of Wilmington, Delaware; and nephews Roger Tyler in Fort Collins, CO and Christopher Hazel in North Carolina and cousins Barbie Robin Carter Smith of Morristown, TN, Minor Carter, of Baltimore, MD, and John Carter.
Jeff mourned the loss his precious labradoodle Louise. He was predeceased by his parents Audrey C Hazel and Buck Hazel in Wilmington, DE, and his grandparents Anna C. Hazel and C. W. Hazel Sr. of Odessa, Delaware.
An informal gathering to share memories and celebrate Jeff's life will be held 2 pm to 5 pm, Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at the River Ranch, 2285 River Rd, Tahoe City, CA 96145. Arrive at 2:00 or drop in when you can. (Highway 89 and Alpine Meadows Road | 530.583.4264.)
A similar future gathering is planned to be held in Wilmington, Delaware where Jeff was born. Messages may be left at Wdtech99@gmail.com. Mail may be sent to Susan Tyler, 755 Vista Lane, Lakewood, CO 80214.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)