Obituary: Joan Marie Graham
August 7, 2013
Joan Marie Graham, age 72, of Crystal Bay, Nevada died June 25, 2013 at the Tahoe Forest Hospital. A funeral service was held in Boone, IA on July 6th with internment at the family plot in Mineral Ridge Cemetery.
Joan was born in Boone, Iowa, on July 8, 1940, the daughter of Vern and Lila Stotts. She attended the University of Iowa and received a Bachelor's Degree from Cal State University.
Joan married Alex Graham in Boone on Sept. 14, 1963.
Following Alex's employment, the couple lived in Washington State, Southern California and Nevada. Joan worked as a substitute teacher and as a court appointed special advocate for children. (CASA)
Joan is preceded in death by her parents. She is survived by husband, Alex of Crystal Bay, NV; a daughter, Elizabeth Graham and her husband John Saunders of Colleyville, TX and their children Emma and Ryan; two sisters Jeanette Hickman-Kingsley of Charlotte, NC and Judith Fredrickson and husband Leigh of Puxico, MO and several nieces and nephews.
A private celebration of life is planned.
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill