Obituary: John Stafford
May 1, 2013
On the evening of April 17, 2013, John Stafford died of heart disease and other complications. He was born in Phippsburg, Colorado, on January 6, 1934.
He spent his early years in Orange County where he was a long distance runner in High school. He worked as an electrician and bought & sold remodeled homes. John & Sue purchased the Woodvista Lodge & moved to Kings Beach in 1971. They operated the motel until 1986. John has been in property management for many years. Many Kings Beach residents referred to him as "Mr. John." He was known as the man to go to when you were in need.
He is survived by his daughter Cindy and son-in-law Hugh Mortimer of Placerville; their 5 children — Kimberly, Matt, Kathleen, Dale and Noah. His son Rodney lives in Sacramento and he has 2 children Ryan and Brianna. He continued to have a loving relationship with his ex-wife Sue who lives in Grass Valley. He has 3 surviving siblings, Joyce Moore, Philip Stafford & Shirley Peavey as well as many nieces & nephews.
There will be a Celebration of Life on Sunday, May 12th from 2-4pm at the Kings Beach Community Center.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Heart Association.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film