Obituary: Joy Michiel
November 21, 2013
June 24, 1953 – November 13, 2013
Local entertainer Joy Michiel, also known as "Big Joy," passed away Wednesday morning, November 13, 2013, at St. Mary's Hospital, Reno, due to heart failure.
She appeared in many movies, shows, stage plays and musicals, and loved the Tahoe community, performing in Star Follies, TAMA, SnowFest!, and numerous fund raising events. She also sang with the band "Bigg Funn" with husband Steve, hosted Murder Mysteries and performed her unique "Big Joy Show."
She touched everyone she met with her upbeat nature, warm smile, and positive outlook. She'll be sadly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by husband Steve, stepfather Craig Satterfield and wife Cynthia, stepmother Ruth Michiel, and her beloved cats, Molly Jones, T.C., and Lilac.
A Celebration of Joy is planned for March.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges