Obituary: Joy Michiel
November 20, 2013
June 24, 1953 – November 13, 2013
Local entertainer Joy Michiel, also known as "Big Joy," passed away Wednesday morning, November 13, 2013, at St. Mary's Hospital, Reno, due to heart failure.
She appeared in many movies, shows, stage plays and musicals, and loved the Tahoe community, performing in Star Follies, TAMA, SnowFest!, and numerous fund raising events. She also sang with the band "Bigg Funn" with husband Steve, hosted Murder Mysteries and performed her unique "Big Joy Show."
She touched everyone she met with her upbeat nature, warm smile, and positive outlook. She'll be sadly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by husband Steve, stepfather Craig Satterfield and wife Cynthia, stepmother Ruth Michiel, and her beloved cats, Molly Jones, T.C., and Lilac.
A Celebration of Joy is planned for March.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years