Obituary: Paul Zaro, 1946-2013
May 30, 2013
Musician, Singer, KGO Cameraman, Sailor, Golfer, Adventurer, Comedian, and Gentle Soul succumbed to cancer on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Paul was a part and full time resident of Tahoe City for the last 14 years and could be found on the golf course, ski trails and sitting in for a song with musicians in the Truckee-Tahoe area. He had an adventurous spirit, with lots of plans, and most recently returned from a 5 month cruise to Mexico on their sailboat.
He leaves his wife, Priscilla, sisters and many nieces and a nephew. Services will be in the Bay Area at Christ the King Catholic Church in Pleasant Hill, June 8 at noon.
Many thanks go out to the fabulous staff at the Gene Upshaw Memorial – Tahoe Forest Cancer Center, the Home Health and Hospice staff for their personalized and loving care during this difficult time.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate your donations be directed to the Gene Upshaw Memorial Cancer Center, 10161 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA 96161, Stand Up 2 Cancer, American Cancer Society, UC Davis, etc. to help fund research for a cure.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project