Obituary: Terry Lynn Heydon
November 13, 2014
1947 — 2014
After a courageous 6 year battle with head and neck cancer, Terry passed away peacefully on November 4, 2014 in San Francisco, with his loving wife and son by his side.
Terry is survived by his wife of 26 years, Judi Heydon, his son and daughter-in-law, Brian and Becca Horn (Berkeley, California) and his daughter and son-in-law, Lisa and Michael Bradley (Navarre, Florida).
He was the beloved "Poppy" to four grandchildren, Benjamin and Wesley Horn and Samantha and Madison Bradley. He also leaves behind his loving mother Maurine Ruffin, Aunt Ardith and favorite cousin Phyllis, of Ponca, Nebraska; and his nieces and nephews, Jenny, Amy, Andy and Christopher of Scottsdale, Arizona.
Terry will also be missed dearly by his constant companion, Hondo. Terry was a proud US Marine and served two tours of duty in Vietnam. Semper Fi!
At Terry's request, no service will be held. Instead, please raise a toast to Terry with a favorite cocktail and share a favorite memory. In lieu of flowers, please make donations in Terry's memory to the Truckee Relay for Life.
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP