July 12, 2017
Richard Carl Dahl, 'RC' to family and friends died peacefully at his home in Tahoe City at the age of 81, following a long and tough battle with cancer.
RC was a wonderful and kind man, father and friend. He was a fun-loving character that enjoyed celebrations of any kind, and appreciated time with family and friends most. He loved his little cabin on the West Shore, wine, golf, funny hats, gardening, the theater, animals, cigars, sailing, skiing, elementary school performances and collecting things. He was a Navy man, a stock-broker, and ski racer dad, soccer coach, swim team starter and an avid reader. His two daughters, Katja and Annika were his pride and joy and his grandchildren adored their Mor Far. RC lived a long, interesting and festive life and he battled cancer with few complaints and remarkable determination. He faced his last days with grace and dignity and he will be missed terribly by all that knew and loved him.
A casual celebration of RC's special life is scheduled for Sunday July 16th from 1 pm – 5 pm at the Tahoe Park Beach Picnic Area, a place dear to the family. Condolences may be sent to P.O. Box 7885, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020