November 24, 2017
August 2, 1951 – October 25, 2017
Our beloved friend, Ron Lulay, passed away peacefully at Tahoe Forest Hospital.
Ron loved the Tahoe area especially Squaw Valley where he lived and worked for many years.
Born and raised in Delaware, Ron left the East Coast on a cross-country road trip in 1978 with his childhood friend, Jeff Hazel. They happened to run out of money near Squaw Valley, fell in love with the area, and never left. At first, Ron found work waiting tables and pounding nails. Over the years, he became an accomplished carpenter and took great pride in his work, often helping friends with home repairs.
Ron loved everything that the Tahoe area had to offer – downhill skiing, hiking and sailing. What he loved the most was being with his many friends, going out to lunch, playing softball and watching the San Francisco Giants. He was an articulate man who loved to read and enjoyed discussing literature with his friends. Ron was also an animal lover and had two cherished dogs, Sadie and Roxie that he loved like family. He mourned their passing as he would have any other loved one.
He will be greatly missed by his friends and family on both coasts.
An informal get together of family and friends will be held at Le Chamois, 1960 Squaw Valley Rd., Olympic Valley, CA in Squaw Valley on December 1 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. to celebrate Ron's life.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)