May 24, 2018
May 14, 1942 ~ May 20, 2018
Shirley Riggs, of Arbuckle, CA, passed away on May 20, 2018. She was born May 14, 1942, in Admire, Kansas to Lewis Jones and Geraldine Osborne.
After graduating in 1960 from Chico High, she met the love of her life, Joe S. Riggs Jr., while working in South Lake Tahoe. They lived in Tahoe City for 30+ years raising their family. In 2000, she moved back to the North Valley where she enjoyed traveling with her family and watching her grandchildren's sporting events.
Shirley is survived by her son, Joe S. Riggs III of Orland; daughter and son-in-law, Shelly & Hank Murphy of Arbuckle; brothers, Richard of Rocklin, Gary of Alaska; sister, Beverly of Corning; grandchildren, Jake, Maddie, Weston, Sierra, and Bryce; along with many nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her loving husband of 39 years, Joe S Riggs Jr.
Memorial Donations may be made in Shirley's name to the American Cancer Society 1545 River Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95815; Pierce Pride Foundation, PO Box 1048, Arbuckle, CA 95912; or Arbuckle Little League PO Box 1143, Arbuckle, CA 95912
Arrangements are under the direction of McNary-Moore Funeral Service FD-410 http://www.mcnarymoorefuneralservice.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film