Stephen Vincent Riley
August 1, 2017
August 15, 1934 ~ July 16, 2017
Stephen Vincent Riley died Sunday July 16, 2017 in Auburn, CA. Steve was born on August 15, 1934 in Quincy, Massachusetts to Edward G. Riley and M. Florence Howe Riley. He was husband of the late Deborah Allen Riley. He leaves behind his son Allen Riley and partner Juli Anderson; daughter Stephenie Riley and husband Vincent Sosnkowski all residing in Lake Tahoe, CA. He also leaves behind his grandchildren Kazimir and Sophia Sosnkowski.
Stephen graduated from North Quincy High School in 1952, and from Boston College in 1956.
He served as a First Lieutenant in the U.S. Army at Fort Benning, GA. On July 13, 1963, Stephen married Deborah Marie Allen in Quincy, MA. They later moved to Bolton Valley, VT where they built and managed The Black Bear Lodge (1968-1978), where they welcomed family and hundreds of loved guests. They moved to Sarasota, Florida in 1979. After Debbie's battle with cancer and death in 2006, Stephen relocated to Tahoe City, CA to be closer to his children and grandchildren.
A local memorial mass for Stephen will be held at St. Francis of Assisi in Incline, NV on Monday, Aug 14 at 10:00 am. He will be buried in a family plot with his wife in Randolph, MA on Aug 22.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots