2005’s babies celebrated at hospital
April 11, 2006
Truckee’s newest arrivals and their families gathered Saturday for Tahoe Forest Hospital’s annual Baby Party to celebrate the 476 babies ” including 11 sets of twins ” born here in 2005.
“We had an incredibly busy summer,” said Eileen Bacus, director of women and family services at Tahoe Forest Hospital. “We had more babies in July and August than we usually do, delivering in the mid-50s, when we’re usually in the mid-40s.”
For the past few years obstetricians at Tahoe Forest have been delivering a steady number of babies, usually around 500, according to hospital marketing director Paige Nebeker, up more than 100 a year since 1996.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film