Application deadline for 2013 leadership program extended
December 27, 2012
The North Lake Tahoe-Truckee Leadership Program has extended the deadline for applications for the 2013 program to Jan. 7.
This valuable program creates an opportunity for potential leaders to broaden their understanding of the region and its issues, challenges and opportunities, while developing and honing their leadership skills.
Since 2004, the program has graduated more than 200 individuals. These alumni are now challenging themselves, serving their employers and our community in active community building efforts.
The program, celebrating 10 years in 2013, begins in January and ends with a May graduation and consists of five sessions, with optional days where participants will be “out in the field” getting a close-up view of issues and challenges facing our community and how various agencies work.
As part of the five-month program, participants work on Action Plans designed to improve or enhance some aspect of local community life. These Action Plans are intended to provide the framework to allow for real-world changes in the community.
Through interviews, surveys, and research, the teams develop a program rationale (why is the program necessary), a set of measurable objectives, a needs assessment, a proposed budget, a timeline, suggestions for community collaborations and a promotional packet. The final projects will be presented on the last day of the program as part of the graduation ceremony.
Recommended Stories For You
Community members, businesses and non-profit organizations are invited to submit topics for the 2013 projects by emailing email@example.com.
Businesses can support the program, and show their commitment to the community by sending an employee to participate in the program, with a one day sponsorship for $500, or by making a scholarship contribution of $400. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Tuition fee for the Leadership Program is $750; $500 for those affiliated with a non-profit organization; and covers all expenses of the program including meals and supplies. Partial scholarships are available.
2013 Program Schedule
• Jan. 24 – Day One, Sierra Nevada College
• Feb. 28 – Day Two, Town of Truckee
• March 28 – Day Three, Tahoe City PUD Board Room
• April 18 – Day Four, Truckee Tahoe Airport
• May 23 – Final Day and Graduation, North Tahoe Event Center
• May 31 – 10th Year Anniversary Dinner, Sierra Nevada College (tentative date)
The North Lake Tahoe-Truckee Leadership Program is a collaborative project of the North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association, North Tahoe Business Association and Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with Sierra Nevada College and the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation.
For more information and applications, visit http://www.TahoeTruckeeLeadership.com.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP