Become a Read Up! Literacy/ESL tutor
October 26, 2011
TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; Literacy volunteer opportunity. Take the Literacy/ESL Tutor Training Class, sponsored by the Read Up! Program of Nevada County, will be held in Truckee Thursday, Nov. 3, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Training and books are free to community volunteers interested in learning how to help a Truckee Read Up! student to improve her/his speaking, reading and/or writing skills. Literacy tutoring is a free service of Nevada County. It is also an enjoyable and productive way to give back to the community.
To become a tutor, you must read, write and speak English well, be at least 18 years of age, available two-three hours per week, patient and flexible. You must have excellent communication skills and know how to listen.
Contact Rolann Aronson, Truckee Read Up! coordinator, at 530-575-7030 for information. If you cannot attend this class but are sincerely interested in becoming a tutor, you can join other monthly tutor trainings.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall