Bike through Truckee history with Tahoe Adventure Company
August 15, 2012
TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212;-Tahoe Adventure Company (TAC) offers many custom Mountain Biking tours throughout the Tahoe basin and Truckee. The greater Tahoe area has trails with amazing views and brilliant history for all ages and abilities.
This season, TAC is introducing the Truckee Historical Bike Ride. This ride starts off in downtown Truckee, highlighting the wild west stories of the town. Riding along the Truckee River, bikers will learn about the significance the railroad and river served in the development of Truckee and food transport in America. Remnants of old settlements along the river are still visible. This ride is great for the whole family.
Tahoe Adventure Company plans custom bike trips that showcase Tahoeand#8217;s beautiful scenery and impressive trails. Whether a beginner or experienced biker, TAC will organize a challenging and exhilarating ride. Their professional and knowledgeable guides offer biking tips as well as discussions about the local natural and human history.
TAC holds extensive permits for various trails throughout the Tahoe basin and Truckee. Trails range from a mellow ride along the river to technical trails for the seasoned rider.
Combine your mountain biking adventure with a morning kayak, hike or an afternoon sail on Lake Tahoe. Multi-sport options are endless and are a great way to see the Tahoe/Truckee area from different perspectives. Tours include all gear, professional guide, natural and human history discussions, permit fees, deli lunch and cold beverages.
Visit Tahoe Adventure Company on Facebook and TWITTER for the latest deals, specials and trip information.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information about adventure tours, rentals, and sales, visit http://www.TahoeAdventureCompany.com or call 530-913-9212. Tahoe Adventure Company is located at 10200 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges