Can it fit into a shoebox?
December 5, 2011
KINGS BEACH, Calif. and#8212; Girl Scout Troop 214 and 381 met Saturday, Nov. 5 and spent the afternoon shopping for Operation Christmas, a gift project organized by Samaritanand#8217;s Purse. The girls selected a boy or girl between the ages of 2-14, collected shoe boxes and shopped for items to fill each box. Troop 214 walked to shops in Kings Beach and Troop 381 shopped in Carson City, Nev. then returned to their leadersand#8217; homes where they wrapped the boxes with Christmas paper and placed the gift items inside. Cadette Troop 381 completed this project last year and decided to do it again, but it was Troop 214and#8217;s first time organizing this project. The girls enjoyed writing notes to the children and included a picture of themselves in an envelope hoping for a letter in return from the recipient child. Samaritan’s Purse organizes this project every year. For more information on how your group can help next year go to the Operation Christmas, http://www.samaritanspurse.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show