Captain Jonand#8217;s Boathouse rocks the dock on Thursday Nights
March 22, 2010
Itand#8217;s 7:30 p.m. in Tahoe Vista, and the night is young at Captain Jonand#8217;s Boathouse, where every Thursday evening CJand#8217;s hosts an open mic. The fireplace is ablaze, and Tahoeand#8217;s local musical talent starts to wander into the sunset lit room, where the music is as captivating as the lake and#8230; and it has just as many moods.
From jazz and funk to country to rock, this venue is alive with some of the best music on Tahoeand#8217;s North Shore. Musicians play solo or create impromptu bands.
By 10 p.m. the boathouse is rocking and#8212; and some nights the music continues into the early morning hours. Itand#8217;s one of the best shows in town and the music is free. Captain Jonand#8217;s has created a special $20 menu for the event which includes an entree and beverage. The menu features Captain Jonand#8217;s signature salmon cakes, Mahi Mahi fish tacos , Angus rib eye and more.
A Junior Jam Nite for local and nearby students is in the works. For more information and calendar of events call 546-4819. Check out Open Mic Night at Captain Jonand#8217;s Restaurant, 7220 N. Lake Blvd., Tahoe Vista every Thursday starting 7:30 p.m.
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing