Captain Jon’s Boathouse rocks the dock on Thursday Nights
March 22, 2010
It’s 7:30 p.m. in Tahoe Vista, and the night is young at Captain Jon’s Boathouse, where every Thursday evening CJ’s hosts an open mic. The fireplace is ablaze, and Tahoe’s local musical talent starts to wander into the sunset lit room, where the music is as captivating as the lake … and it has just as many moods.
From jazz and funk to country to rock, this venue is alive with some of the best music on Tahoe’s North Shore. Musicians play solo or create impromptu bands.
By 10 p.m. the boathouse is rocking – and some nights the music continues into the early morning hours. It’s one of the best shows in town and the music is free. Captain Jon’s has created a special $20 menu for the event which includes an entree and beverage. The menu features Captain Jon’s signature salmon cakes, Mahi Mahi fish tacos , Angus rib eye and more.
A Junior Jam Nite for local and nearby students is in the works. For more information and calendar of events call 546-4819. Check out Open Mic Night at Captain Jon’s Restaurant, 7220 N. Lake Blvd., Tahoe Vista every Thursday starting 7:30 p.m.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work