Choose a creative alternative to litigated divorce
August 16, 2012
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212;-Can divorce actually be accomplished with creativity, compassion and love? Yes! Sierra Agape Center now offers divorce mediation on a sliding fee basis beginning at $100 per hour. Kimball C. Pier, LMFT is a licensed marriage and family therapist with advanced divorce mediation certification and 10 years of experience in divorce and family mediation.
Mediation is an alternative to attorney litigated divorce and can create opportunities for couples to work through the process without permanent damage to a future relationship as parents. When people can negotiate productively and decide for themselves how they will divide property and allocate resources; how they will co-parent and make decisions cooperatively, the potential for emotional harm to everyone, especially children, is greatly reduced. Research shows even though divorce is difficult for children, they adjust more quickly and with diminished negative effects when parents are able to co-parent with respect and good will toward one another. And the cost of a mediator is far less expensive than hiring attorneys to represent each party. Please visit http://www.sierraagape.org and click the mediation tab or call 530-414-1885.
Trending In: Opinion
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl