Christine Arth: Let there be light in downtown Truckee lot
January 27, 2019
To the Town of Truckee,
I work downtown and appreciate all of the new parking adjacent to the railroad. However, my heart is in my throat as I walk to my car after work, when it is pitch black.
I cannot understand why there has not been lighting of any kind installed throughout that lot. Drivers are unfamiliar with the layout, and it is very difficult to see one-way directions and where the lanes go. Cars cannot see pedestrians until the last second, and no one can see icy patches or snow and puddles.
It is only a matter of time until an accident occurs and someone brings a lawsuit against the town.
Please address this concern for locals and tourists alike. Thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move