Dave King: Stay on the main streets in snow events
January 27, 2019
I do not have a solution for Mother Nature and all the vehicles and people that have no awareness for the danger of a storm like that. However, I do have an answer to everyone who uses the West River entrance of Donner Creek mobile home community to try to gain time to get to Highway 89, or vice versa.
As most of you found out, it is not your private street to use at any time and you were not allowed access to Highway 89. You blocked my residents access from their home and caused more traffic problems. Unfortunately mostly it is the locals who think they are entitled to drive wherever they please.
Our private streets are for our residents only. For those who used our park as a cut through, I hope I added 10 minutes onto your time. In short, stay on the main streets and stay out of Donner Creek Mobile Home Park unless you live there or are visiting.
Newport Pacific/Donner Creek park manager
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move