Do you think you could ever complete an Ironman race? Word on the Street
September 23, 2015
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — This week's question: Do you think you could ever finish an Ironman race?
Here are this week's answers, as asked Sunday at Squaw Valley during the 2015 Ironman Lake Tahoe event:
Makenzie O'Connor, North Tahoe Adventures employee, Sierra Nevada College student, Kings Beach: "Maybe with the right training. It would take a lot of training, but not in this current physique."
Ric Outman, speech therapist, Kingvale (part time): "A whole Ironman? No, no way, no how. A half (Ironman) maybe. The heart and mind is there; it's the body that's not."
Jude Rowe, nurse, Oakland, Calif.: "I don't think I could. I am a sinker, not a swimmer."
Troy Green, electrician, Santa Rosa, Calif.: "Yeah, I can do it, but would I? Probably not. If someone dared me enough, pushed me hard enough, then I would do it."
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move