Donner Summit and Truckee: What a weekend!
May 30, 2010
Donner Ski Ranch rocked as fresh as you get conditions and 500 skiers and riders Saturday. Lifts will be open Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.The Storm King blew in two feet of fresh powder Thursday, May 27 and continues to freeze the slopes at night. andamp;#8220;The conditions are great in the morning, for the end of May itandamp;#8217;s just awesome,andamp;#8221; said Janet Tuttle, who owns Donner Ski Ranch with her husband Marshall Tuttle. The resort peaks out at Old Highway 40 just west of Donner Lake. For info, visit http://www.donnerskiranch.com or phone (530) 426-3635.Down the road a bit, Rick Drake, president of San Diego Productions, shot an andamp;#8220;under coverandamp;#8221; car for a future media campaign with a CHP traffic assist at the historic arched bridge.Floristonandamp;#8217;s Josh and Valerie Anagnos joined friends at Donner Lakeandamp;#8217;s West End beach for a andamp;#8220;Baby Party.andamp;#8221; Many new Moms, Dads and tiny residents were in attendance. Amanda from Truckee Donner Recreation andamp; Park District manned the gates, and thought the big rig oil spill had minimal impact to Donner Lake after she did a quick inspection at Summit Creek.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)