Editorial: Cheers and Jeers
December 24, 2009
CHEERS: To those who work at our local restaurants and shops (and newspapers) during the holidays. Their smiling faces keep our economy going, when many locals head home. We wish you all a happy holiday and a fruitful new year.
CHEERS: To the Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation for experiencing the highest growth of assets of all community foundations in the State of California during the 2008 Fiscal Year. The Foundation’s assets grew 25 percent, from $12 million in 2007 to $15 million in 2008.
JEERS: To high gas prices. We know local gas station owners work hard to keep prices low, but with Tahoe City’s price at $3.20, it makes it nearly 50 cents more expensive than the national average, according to AAA. Perhaps 2010 will finally
Trending In: Opinion
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million