Editorial: Cheers and Jeers
December 24, 2009
CHEERS: To those who work at our local restaurants and shops (and newspapers) during the holidays. Their smiling faces keep our economy going, when many locals head home. We wish you all a happy holiday and a fruitful new year.
CHEERS: To the Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation for experiencing the highest growth of assets of all community foundations in the State of California during the 2008 Fiscal Year. The Foundation’s assets grew 25 percent, from $12 million in 2007 to $15 million in 2008.
JEERS: To high gas prices. We know local gas station owners work hard to keep prices low, but with Tahoe City’s price at $3.20, it makes it nearly 50 cents more expensive than the national average, according to AAA. Perhaps 2010 will finally
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)