Editorial: Cheers and Jeers
December 24, 2009
CHEERS: To those who work at our local restaurants and shops (and newspapers) during the holidays. Their smiling faces keep our economy going, when many locals head home. We wish you all a happy holiday and a fruitful new year.
CHEERS: To the Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation for experiencing the highest growth of assets of all community foundations in the State of California during the 2008 Fiscal Year. The Foundation’s assets grew 25 percent, from $12 million in 2007 to $15 million in 2008.
JEERS: To high gas prices. We know local gas station owners work hard to keep prices low, but with Tahoe City’s price at $3.20, it makes it nearly 50 cents more expensive than the national average, according to AAA. Perhaps 2010 will finally
Trending In: Opinion
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City