Faith Factor | Jewish community offers condolences
March 29, 2012
On behalf of the Reno/Tahoe Jewish Community, we would like to express our heartfelt condolences on the tragic shootings that have devastated your school and the entire Jewish world on Monday.
We especially wish to convey our sympathy to the families of Rabbi Jonathan Sandler zand#8221;l, his sons, Gabriel and Arieh zand#8221;l, and Miriam Monsonego zand#8221;l. Like Jewish communities everywhere, we will be including the names of these neshamot in our Kaddish Yatom and offer our tefillot for nechamah for the families and for everyone in your community.
We pray that you will heal from this trauma and are able to regain a sense of wholeness and security.
The Reno/Tahoe Jewish Community
Rabbi Teri Appleby, Temple Sinai, Reno, Nev.
Rabbi Elisheva Beyer, Temple Beth Or, Reno, Nev.
Recommended Stories For You
Rabbi Meredith Cahn, North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation, Tahoe Vista
Rabbi Evon Yakar, Temple Bat Yam, Stateline, Nev.
Judy Hirsch, President, Temple Emanuel, Reno, Nev.
Trending In: Opinion
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley