Faith Factor | Jewish community offers condolences
March 29, 2012
On behalf of the Reno/Tahoe Jewish Community, we would like to express our heartfelt condolences on the tragic shootings that have devastated your school and the entire Jewish world on Monday.
We especially wish to convey our sympathy to the families of Rabbi Jonathan Sandler zand#8221;l, his sons, Gabriel and Arieh zand#8221;l, and Miriam Monsonego zand#8221;l. Like Jewish communities everywhere, we will be including the names of these neshamot in our Kaddish Yatom and offer our tefillot for nechamah for the families and for everyone in your community.
We pray that you will heal from this trauma and are able to regain a sense of wholeness and security.
The Reno/Tahoe Jewish Community
Rabbi Teri Appleby, Temple Sinai, Reno, Nev.
Rabbi Elisheva Beyer, Temple Beth Or, Reno, Nev.
Recommended Stories For You
Rabbi Meredith Cahn, North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation, Tahoe Vista
Rabbi Evon Yakar, Temple Bat Yam, Stateline, Nev.
Judy Hirsch, President, Temple Emanuel, Reno, Nev.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges