Future Fair: Connecting communities
May 16, 2011
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8211; Sierra Senior Services and the Community Health Partnership would like to announce a one-day event for the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe community offering information useful for health aging in place from public service providers and private vendors. This event will also be combined with group discussions on topics such as legal issues, Medicare, medication interactions and what to do when you canand#8217;t live alone. Featuring Kelley Carroll, estate and long term care planning; HICAP Counselors, Medicare plans and Laura Ferree, free legal assistance and other options for individuals with financial challenges.
The goal is to promote healthy aging by connecting community members to appropriate services and providers. This opportunity will be held at the North Tahoe Events Center, 8318 N. Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, May 21, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For more information regarding transportation to and from this event call Sierra Senior Services at 550-7600, reservations are required.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work