Google offers virtual tour of Homewood Mountain Resort
March 7, 2012
HOMEWOOD, Calif. and#8212; For skiers and boarders who dream of hitting the slopes during the work week, Lake Tahoeand#8217;s Homewood Mountain Resort and Google have offered a virtual ski or snowboard trip of the mountainand#8217;s trails, complete with panoramic views of Lake Tahoe.
The Google Street View team navigated Homewood via snowmobile during the spring of 2011, using a custom-mounted camera to capture and map more than 25 of the most popular ski runs.
The Google Street View tour of Homewood can be viewed within Google Maps, which allows viewers to virtually move forward and backward; pivot for panoramic vistas; zoom in or out; as well as tilt for a desired aspect view.
and#8220;The Google Street View tour of Homewood offers a great resource for guests who are planning a trip to the mountain, and a fun way for loyal enthusiasts to visit the slopes when an in-person visit has to wait,and#8221; said Paul Raymore, interactive marketing manager for Homewood Mountain Resort.
Visit the Interactive Trail Map at http://www.skihomewood.com/mountain/trail-map to take the virtual tour.
and#8212; Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall