Google offers virtual tour of Homewood Mountain Resort
March 7, 2012
HOMEWOOD, Calif. and#8212; For skiers and boarders who dream of hitting the slopes during the work week, Lake Tahoeand#8217;s Homewood Mountain Resort and Google have offered a virtual ski or snowboard trip of the mountainand#8217;s trails, complete with panoramic views of Lake Tahoe.
The Google Street View team navigated Homewood via snowmobile during the spring of 2011, using a custom-mounted camera to capture and map more than 25 of the most popular ski runs.
The Google Street View tour of Homewood can be viewed within Google Maps, which allows viewers to virtually move forward and backward; pivot for panoramic vistas; zoom in or out; as well as tilt for a desired aspect view.
and#8220;The Google Street View tour of Homewood offers a great resource for guests who are planning a trip to the mountain, and a fun way for loyal enthusiasts to visit the slopes when an in-person visit has to wait,and#8221; said Paul Raymore, interactive marketing manager for Homewood Mountain Resort.
Visit the Interactive Trail Map at http://www.skihomewood.com/mountain/trail-map to take the virtual tour.
and#8212; Submitted to email@example.com
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project