Happy New Year ‘Baby and Me’
January 4, 2010
Well into its second decade, this popular series of seven classes for parents and infants under 1 year, kicks off its winter 2010 session on Friday, Jan. 15. Baby and Me is designed to support new parents in a variety of ways: it helps parents develop a family network with other parents of babies the same age; it provides education and information on a variety of child development topics; it introduces games and music and interactive play for parents to enjoy with their infants and it provides a forum for parents to share their experiences.
Baby and Me is taught by Jen Lang-Ree, a pediatric nurse practitioner who uses her child development and health background as well as puppets and songs to facilitate the group. There is a weekly discussion topic such as sleep issues, nutrition and car seat safety where parents get tips from each other and guest speakers.
Baby and Me is sponsored by The Family Resource Center of Truckee with classes held at their new location, the former and#8220;Teen Centerand#8221; next to KidZone. The series costs $84 with scholarships available. For information about this and other classes for young children, please contact email@example.com or call the FRCoT at 587-2513, ext. 110.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work