Hike Negro Canyon with the Mountain Area Preservation Foundation
June 10, 2011
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; Enjoy a free guided hike in Negro Canyon on Sunday, June 12, 9:30-11:30 a.m. The sun is out and the trail is dry. Please join hike leader and amateur naturalist, John Eaton, for the first MAPF hike of the summer season. Hike Leader: John Eaton, RSVP appreciated, but not essential AT 530-587-1492. Gregory Creek/Negro Canyon, Sunday, June 12th, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
This hike features beautiful views of Donner Lake, the Sierra Crest, and maybe some wildflowers.
Meeting place: Interstate 80 west to the Donner Lake interchange. Take the first road to your right, and then right again. Park by the Truckee Donner Land Trust sign.
Bring sunscreen, hat, snack, and wear sturdy shoes. Visit http://www.mapf.org.
and#8212; Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges