How has cancer impacted your life? | Word on the Street
July 21, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: How has cancer impacted your life?
Here are this week's responses, as asked Monday in Truckee:
Brigette Nelson, Truckee, metal and glass artist: "My grandma has pancreatic cancer, and my uncle passed away from cancer, so yeah, it hasn't had a good impact on my life."
Stacy Simmons, San Francisco, interior designer/stylist; "My stepdad has prostate cancer. He got diagnosed 2 years ago and he just ended his sixth chemo treatment … and his quality of life from the chemo has gone down dramatically. … (There's) definitely stress that it puts on your family."
Chae Conary, Sacramento, stay-at-home mom: "I had a 7-year-old brother who died of cancer, so I'm very active in the cancer community. I've done all the research, learned everything I could to stay on top of things, and I definitely get involved with as many organizations as I can."
Brad Rigg, Brentwood, Calif., second home in Incline Village, project manager for construction company: "I've lost some friends and relatives to cancer."
Trending In: Opinion
- Eastbound I-80 to close east of Truckee on Tuesday
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89