KidZone goes on safari
April 30, 2008
Looking to escape to an exotic land of lions, gorillas and giraffes? Grab your young ones and caravan over to the new KidZone Museum exhibit “Into Africa.”
The new African playland transforms the KidZone into scenes from the Congo and the Serengeti. Featuring climbing vines inside a gorilla nest, a marketplace stocked with fruit, and a percussion collection ready for a troop of drumming monkeys, the exhibit allows toddlers to romp around in wild animal costumes and imagine they are right at home in the jungle surroundings.
The KidZone’s volunteer exhibits committee has been developing the African playland for the last several months and debuted the installation Tuesday. An “Into Africa” grand opening party for members and donors only will be held at the KidZone Sunday, May 4th from 4-6 p.m. The exhibit is open to the public Tuesday through Sunday.
For more information contact the KidZone Museum at 530-587-5437 or visit http://www.kidzonemuseum.org.
“Seth Lightcap, Sierra Sun
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work