Ladle of love | Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe employees serve at Stone Soup
March 28, 2012
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; On Feb. 19 and March 4, 50 ladies and gentlemen from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe joined members of the community and Project MANA in hosting the Stone Soup event at the Truckee Community Arts Center. Between the two events more than 275 community members enjoyed healthy soups prepared by The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoeand#8217;s culinary team including gumbo, vegetable, tomato bisque and minestrone along with fresh bread donated by local restaurants. Stone Soup is a locally supported event free to community members to gather, share a hot meal and listen to local entertainment offered during the winter months. This is one of 24 local events planned for 2012 by The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoeand#8217;s Community Footprint Program centered on the themes of poverty relief, well-being of children and environmental conservation.
Stone Soup, a weekly soup night in Truckee, melds a powerful combination of homemade soup, friends, family, conversation and community. The last event was March 25.
Trending In: Opinion
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood