Letter to the Editor: 30 days late and a dollar short
October 22, 2008
I thought I was going crazy! For the last three weeks I have been dealing with vendors who never received checks we mailed. Where can I start?…. Our health insurance was canceled, my truck was almost repossessed, my business credit was jeopardized not to mentioned the time and money spent in putting stop payment requests on multiple checks.
I am most disturbed on how the incident was handled. Why would the post office wait for 30 days to notify the public about lost mail? How can they say its not “their fault” when a bag of mail never made it from Truckee to Reno? Is there any accountability? Is there any way to recover losses?
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat