Letter to the Editor: A common vision
October 24, 2008
During these unpredictable times, it is critical that we as a community make informed decisions regarding the leaders in our region. I am writing to urge support for Kathleen Eagan, Mary Hetherington and Tom Van Berkem for the Truckee Tahoe Airport District Board.
Kathleen, Truckee’s first mayor, and Mary, a professional engineer, have a successful track records as current members of the board. They have guided the airport district to make key decisions that directly affect the community, including the preservation of Waddle Ranch and the Ponderosa Golf Course. This is the forward thinking action we need to continue within our community. Tom Van Berkem, who currently serves as chairman of the airport advisory board, actively engaged the community in focus groups for community/airport users and for pilots.
These candidates bring a common vision of working together to address the needs of our region and support a safe and viable community airport. They will make sure all community members are heard as we continue to deal with issues surrounding airport noise and annoyance. Please vote to elect Eagan, Hetherington and Van Berkem to the Truckee Tahoe Airport District Board.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers