Letter to the Editor: A common vision
October 24, 2008
During these unpredictable times, it is critical that we as a community make informed decisions regarding the leaders in our region. I am writing to urge support for Kathleen Eagan, Mary Hetherington and Tom Van Berkem for the Truckee Tahoe Airport District Board.
Kathleen, Truckee’s first mayor, and Mary, a professional engineer, have a successful track records as current members of the board. They have guided the airport district to make key decisions that directly affect the community, including the preservation of Waddle Ranch and the Ponderosa Golf Course. This is the forward thinking action we need to continue within our community. Tom Van Berkem, who currently serves as chairman of the airport advisory board, actively engaged the community in focus groups for community/airport users and for pilots.
These candidates bring a common vision of working together to address the needs of our region and support a safe and viable community airport. They will make sure all community members are heard as we continue to deal with issues surrounding airport noise and annoyance. Please vote to elect Eagan, Hetherington and Van Berkem to the Truckee Tahoe Airport District Board.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall