Letter to the Editor: Aerial tram would help transportation problems
July 22, 2014
Thank you for the comprehensive interview with Andy Wirth, published in the Wednesday, July 16, Sierra Sun.
I agree that public transportation is one of the most important issues concerning sustainable growth and improvement of the environment of our region.
I live about 10 miles from Squaw Valley, where I ski. It takes me 20 minutes and, at 50 cents per mile to operate my truck, actually costs me $10 per day to drive to and from the ski area.
Wouldn't it be great to have a tram that connects Scott Peak and Tahoe City as part of our bid for the 2026 Winter Olympics?
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits