Letter to the Editor: Build trails responsibly
December 1, 2009
A letter to the mountain bikers who built the trail up the side of the dam at Martis: The new trail is gone. Please do not try to rebuild it, as we will just have to use more taxpayer money to close it again. Trails can not be built illegally, the proper environmental assessments, documentation and permitting must be accomplished first. There are several trails I would love to build here as well, but I have to go though the proper channels and so do you. Eventually the trails will get built. I know this is disappointing to the people who worked on and were enjoying that trail. However, the connection to the first drainage to the lake that goes over to Waddle Ranch and out to the dam that has always been there, is still there. So you can still ride to Martis dam.
If there are trails you would like to have at Martis Creek Lake, please contact us and we will work with you to see if the proposal is feasible and if so, we will work toward accomplishing that goal together.
If you have thoughts or questions, please feel free to call. You can reach the park manager at (530) 432-6427.
Trending In: Opinion
- Man identified in vehicle, rock crawling fatality
- Squaw claims victory in development lawsuit
- Man killed in rock crawling crash near Fordyce Lake Road
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 2: Employers cite housing for inability to find employees
- National Weather Service says haze from California fires is here to stay