Letter to the Editor: Build trails responsibly
December 1, 2009
A letter to the mountain bikers who built the trail up the side of the dam at Martis: The new trail is gone. Please do not try to rebuild it, as we will just have to use more taxpayer money to close it again. Trails can not be built illegally, the proper environmental assessments, documentation and permitting must be accomplished first. There are several trails I would love to build here as well, but I have to go though the proper channels and so do you. Eventually the trails will get built. I know this is disappointing to the people who worked on and were enjoying that trail. However, the connection to the first drainage to the lake that goes over to Waddle Ranch and out to the dam that has always been there, is still there. So you can still ride to Martis dam.
If there are trails you would like to have at Martis Creek Lake, please contact us and we will work with you to see if the proposal is feasible and if so, we will work toward accomplishing that goal together.
If you have thoughts or questions, please feel free to call. You can reach the park manager at (530) 432-6427.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search