Letter to the Editor: Canyon Springs project and Glenshire Drive
October 24, 2014
The Canyon Springs Project, currently in the Revised Draft Environmental Impact Review process, proposes to construct approximately 185 single family homes east of Glenshire.
Over the past several years, there have been many letters to the editor, SOS Glenshire gatherings, and town hall meetings where Truckee residents have expressed concern over the potential impact this project may pose to the Glenshire area.
What may not be as readily apparent to those who have not been following the Canyon Springs proposal closely is the potential impact this project will pose to residents of Olympic Heights, the Hirschdale community, and the Truckee area at large.
Using national average numbers from the "Community Guide to Development Impact Analysis," by Mary Edwards, the additional traffic generated from 185 single family homes is 1,766 trips a day. These numbers do not reflect the amount of heavy equipment delivery trips, ready mix concrete truck trips, lumber and building supplier trips, and general contractor/subcontractor trips there will be during years and years of construction.
If you use any portion of Glenshire Drive on your trip home, your commute to work, your carpool to school, or your excursion to Boca, you might want to familiarize yourself with the Canyon Springs project. For additional information Contact SOS Glenshire or Mountain Area Preservation Foundation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Rolf Godon: Jessica Morse right choice to represent California’s 4th District
- Kevin Drake: Vote Mourelatos for North Tahoe PUD
- John Merryfield: A more compassionate world begins with you
- Steve Batie: Calling all compassionate, thoughtful and patriotic Republicans
- Law Review: Mandalay Bay sues shooting victims
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- Land requested by Incline Village General Improvement District dropped from Washoe County lands bill
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Colorado ultrarunners shatter Tahoe 200 course records