Letter to the Editor: Dogs and birds
May 14, 2013
I am a dog owner in Truckee. I also enjoy the hobby of birdwatching. I would like to remind all dog owners and visitors that this is the time of year that the Martis Valley Creek Trail becomes nesting grounds for many birds.
There are signs up that state to not use this trail with dogs May 1st through July 15th. People are encouraged to use the perimeter trail — Tomkins Memorial Trail — that is accessed from the same parking lot.
The creek trail is a lovely nature walk for birders and pedestrians without dogs. The creek trail becomes accessible to everyone after July 15th. Happy trails!
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers