Letter to the Editor: Downtown Truckee parking troubles
November 6, 2008
In October, I received a parking ticket in downtown Truckee in the amount of $35. We did not see the sign. My appeal was denied and I paid. I decided not to clog the CA courts with a second appeal.
Background. On that day, we left Carson City, Nev., and stopped in downtown Truckee to eat as we have been doing for more than 40 years. Many times we shopped downtown. Prior to that, we did the same for many years only coming from Sacramento. Since I was born in Auburn, Calif., and raised in Bowman, Calif., I have stopped in downtown Truckee many many times.
I know there are many fine eating places in Truckee which are not downtown. We are going to starting eating at those places and do our shopping in nearby stores or just keep on going.
I don’t mind paying for parking, but make it a level playing field.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee