Letter to the Editor: Downtown Truckee parking troubles
November 6, 2008
In October, I received a parking ticket in downtown Truckee in the amount of $35. We did not see the sign. My appeal was denied and I paid. I decided not to clog the CA courts with a second appeal.
Background. On that day, we left Carson City, Nev., and stopped in downtown Truckee to eat as we have been doing for more than 40 years. Many times we shopped downtown. Prior to that, we did the same for many years only coming from Sacramento. Since I was born in Auburn, Calif., and raised in Bowman, Calif., I have stopped in downtown Truckee many many times.
I know there are many fine eating places in Truckee which are not downtown. We are going to starting eating at those places and do our shopping in nearby stores or just keep on going.
I don’t mind paying for parking, but make it a level playing field.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show