Letter to the Editor: Flight costs reimbursed to Placer County
November 13, 2008
Placer County residents,
I want to announce that I have reimbursed the County in the amount of $9,887, out of my own pocket ” for the full cost of the July 22 flight from Utah to Truckee. As I have said previously, the only thing I was doing at that time was fulfilling my duties as a Placer County Supervisor”at the request of the County.
As you may know, the issue in Kings Beach before the Board of Supervisors while I was on a pre-arranged family vacation was the most significant infrastructure, cost and quality of life issue affecting the residents in 25 years. Myself and the county believed that the issue warranted a full Board to vote on such a major local issue, and I still believe that today. (As evidenced by the overwhelming attendance and appreciation of the Tahoe community.)
Nevertheless, at the same time, I have thought about it and when finding out the amount of the flight, I realize that the best thing to do now is to pay that amount back. We have done a good job here in Placer County managing the challenges of a difficult economy ” but that it was a large amount of taxpayer money to spend on this kind of trip, regardless of the importance to Kings Beach and its residents.
I am glad I was able to return and vote on this important issue for the community and I also know I am doing the right thing now by reimbursing the County.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats