Letter to the Editor: Grand Jury should probe hospital district
August 29, 2013
This letter is in response to the Sierra Sun story, "TDRPD board: Our job not to handle day-to-day ops," on Page 1 of last Wednesday's paper.
I find it interesting that the Nevada County Grand Jury chose to investigate the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District — a well-run, popular district — over relatively small matters.
Last year I formally requested the Grand Jury investigate the Tahoe Forest Hospital District regarding the dramatic increase in the Measure C bond assessment. The Grand Jury refused.
The assessment remains essentially the same, even though property values are rising. Perhaps if others contact the Grand Jury on this issue they will reconsider.
Trending In: Opinion
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe