Letter to the Editor: How low will McClintock go?
May 15, 2014
After receiving a second flier in my mail from the Tom McClintock campaign with a quote from The Sacramento Bee, "Moore has never voted," perhaps someone needs to tell the rest of the story.
Art Moore is a graduate of West Point and a career military officer who has served his country in war zones. He believed that a professional officer corps should be unbiased politically and he made the choice to forgo all forms of political activity including voting.
Of course the McClintock campaign just wants people to know he hasn't voted. This is a perfect example of a career politician smearing his opponent with questionable facts.
Art Moore is a veteran who has served his country with distinction. I'm a Democrat and I don't agree with most of Mr. Moore's political positions, but if the people of the 4th Congressional District are to be represented by a Republican in Congress, I would prefer Mr. Moore.
Perhaps it's time for Traveling Tom to pack his carpetbag and find another district.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing