Letter to the Editor: Ideas to boost downtown business
December 11, 2008
The article in the Dec. 6 issue of the Sierra Sun, “New Model Aims to Boost Downtown Business,” appears to have those as tenets and property owners trying to come to some decision as to how to boost business for the downtown merchants.
In reading the article, I felt that no immediate action was to be taken. Here is an idea for taping into more of the locals shopping down town.
1. Eliminate parking fees for all locals who display a “Truckee/North Tahoe resident” sticker on their front window.
2. This will encourage residents to purchase a resident sticker thereby providing more income for our local Chamber of Commerce.
This would be good for both the Chamber and give the local residents more incentive to shop down town.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project