Letter to the Editor: IVGID beach entrances on July 4 a disgrace
July 14, 2014
What a mess! What an absolute mess the entry to Incline Beach was for the fireworks show on July 4. My family and I have been attending this lovely event for 14 years; this was by far the most disorganized, chaotic and frustrating experience ever.
It took us 45 minutes to get into the beach with our resident passes. The line was outrageously long and culminated by the front gate in a big crowd of people smashed together; there was no crowd control by law enforcement or IVGID staff whatsoever. People were cutting in line, pushing, yelling and swearing.
It appeared that only 2-3 people were checking passes for hundreds of people attempting to get in. Then, the fireworks started and tons of families were left still standing in line, unable to get into the beach in time. Kids actually started crying!
IVIGDs decision to check passes created more problems than I have ever noticed in the past. Numerous people in line were grumbling about what an awful experience it was. What a total disappointment.
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing