Letter to the Editor: Kudos for acknowledgement of air show
June 24, 2014
Congratulations are in order for the Truckee Tahoe airport manager and airport district directors.
The article in Friday's Sierra Sun, "Who's the boss at Truckee Tahoe AirShow?" — describing the duties of an air show air boss probably flew under the radar of most casual readers, as a reasonable person would assume that such actions and precautions would always attend an air event open to the public.
In reality, the organizers of air events frequently attempt to avoid substantial responsibilities by refusing to identify their activity as an "airshow," and fail to engage a qualified air boss.
Personally, I would equate such a mindset to sending multiple texting drivers into a traffic intersection filled with headphone wearing pedestrians.
By requiring acknowledgement that the "family festival" is actually an airshow, and ensuring engagement of a qualified air boss, airport leaders have taken significant steps to provide a safe and sane venue for Truckee Tahoe AirShow & Family Festival participants and patrons. Enjoy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration