Letter to the Editor: Listen to the experts on bear trash
October 8, 2014
Chuck Otto's letter "Mandatory bear-proof not the answer" in last week's Bonanza criticized Trustee Jim Hammerel for attending a TRPA meeting in support of TRPA mandated basin wide bear resistant trash receptacles.
It should be noted that both officials from CA Fish and Wildlife, as well as the Director of the NV Department of Wildlife also attended that meeting to support this action.
While no one claims that there is any one solution, NDOW Director Wasley pointed out that having such an ordinance would reduce 95 percent of the current problems wildlife officials in NV handle with regards to bears.
It seems that Trustee Hammerel's position is shared by those in the state who are most expert on the issue. Perhaps the rest of us should listen.
Zephyr Cove, executive director of NoBearHuntNV
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat