Letter to the Editor: Measure V’s for me
October 24, 2008
Help keep Truckee’s roads in good shape for drivers, cyclists and residents in general! Measure V is the continuation of a 1and#8260;2 cent sales tax approved by voters 10 years ago to improve the dismal state of Truckee’s roadways. It is critical that Measure V pass so that we will continue to have safe roads and well- constructed bike lanes. Without Measure V, the town’s resources will be severely strained as it struggles to repair roads through normal budget processes.
Join the Truckee Trails Foundation, Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe and Truckee-Tahoe Area Bicycle Advocates at Bar of America on Thursday October 23 at 6:30. $15 includes 1 drink, live music, and snacks.
Show your support for trails and bike lanes, support Measure V!
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra