Letter to the Editor: No on U… Get a clue
October 22, 2008
Shame on you, if you entertain the thought of voting no on U. Communities prosper and home values appreciate based on the quality of the schools and academic infrastructure. Portables and run down facilities are not conducive to academic excellence or civic pride.
The “we can’t afford it in these tough times” argument is asinine. Inject 100 million into any community and watch what it does for local jobs, local businesses, and community spirit.
If you’re a local and thinking of voting no on U, it’s back to Economics 101 for you. As a local, you have on average the lowest assessed home value and the most to gain from voting Yes on U.
Yes on U for local kids, teachers, jobs, home values, and community.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City