Letter to the Editor: No to the Lake Forest Water acquisition
December 16, 2009
Are you a Tahoe City Public Utility District water rate payer or taxpayer? Read on, or better still attend the Board meeting.
The TCPUD Board and management are proposing to purchase the Lake Forest Water District for $787,000. The water system will then require $2.2 million in investment to bring it up to TCPUD minimum standards, for a total of nearly $3 million.
Where is this money coming from? Each of us who live in the TCPUD district (7,000 residents) will have to pay $429, so that each of the Lake Forest Water District residents (150 people) can receive a benefit of- $20,000 each. Does this sound fair or right?
By the way, the Board President and the TCPUD General Manager both live in Lake Forest. The next Board meeting is at 8a.m. on Friday, Dec. 18.-
Please attend and make your views known to our elected representatives.
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener