Letter to the Editor: Not surprised with CATTPAC endorsements
October 21, 2014
I read with interest the recent Sierra Sun story, "Tahoe-Truckee contractors endorse Spohr, Falk, Jellinek for hospital board."
What subtle times we live in. Initially, I wondered why this was relevant enough to warrant an entire article in the Sun — well, besides wondering why it wasn't presented as the campaign advertisement by a political action committee it was — but we learned who the hospital board members are and what bond measures are endorsed by the Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe Political Action Committee.
Wouldn't you know it — all of their endorsements/sponsorships have or will involve hundreds of millions of dollars worth of publicly funded construction contracts, for themselves and their members. Reconsidering, it couldn't be more revealing.
Do you ever get nostalgic for the days when crony capitalism wasn't so in-your-face, but at least appeared more subtle?
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall